Monday, July 9, 2007

Hello! I am new to this blogging thing but I have been told that I think differently about things (I do not know if that is good or bad?) so I thought I would give it a try. For the first post I thought I would just introduce myself.

My name is Carl Peterson. I am 35 years old and I was born in Houston. My family went to an Evangelical Free Church until I was in 4th grade and then we became Baptist. I have been a member of West Memorial Baptist, First Baptist Houston, Texas Oaks Baptist, Grace of the good Shepherd Baptist, and now I am currently at Wedwood Baptist church. I am in the ThM. program at SWBTS. I do not know if I will finish or start my doctoral work at Fordham or Masters work at Notre Dame or Yale next year. I am interested in Eastern Patristics (Church Fathers). I want to concentrate on Gregory of Nazianzus who was one of the three Cappadocians from which this blog gets its name.

I have 1 wife (Sharon) and 1 child (Daniel 13 months). Besides God they are the love of my life. In this blog I hope to bring a different way of looking at things. I will have many posts on the church Fathers and my reading of them. Besides the church Fathers the blog will be heavily influenced by the Eastern Church and by my many friends. This blog will cover everything from politics to Christian living. But I hope all will be interesting. That is all for now.

Peace and be well.

Blackhaw- Carl Peterson

No comments: